Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One Two Three

Most of you probably know that I work in a bookstore. Part of my job there entails straightening the shelves. This is a dangerous proposition for someone living on the income of someone working in a bookstore, especially since my areas to straighten are music, film, poetry, and childrens' lit.

This post, however, is about a cookbook. I don't usually spring for cookbooks, not often straightening in that section, and finding most of my recipes on allrecipes.com or, recently on Helen's food blog. But this one had an interesting premise: It is entitled "Cooking 1-2-3," and features recipes requiring only 3 ingredients. Initially, I suspected that this would be a gimmick; the "ingredients" would in fact be other recipes: soup stocks, sauces, breads; things that would undo the simplicity of the concept.


But I was intrigued, and browsed it on my dinner break, when I found the recipe that convinced me: Pan-Seared Saugsage with Oven-Roasted Grapes. It asked for sausage, grapes and wine. That's it. Other recipes are of similar simplicity (some require spices in addition to the three main ingredients).

A post about the cooking process to follow...

No comments: