Friday, July 1, 2011

Harrisburg

I recently moved into the apartment that Heather and I will be sharing after the wedding. It is a two bedroom, a few blocks from where I used to live, and even closer to my favorite parts of midtown.

A few discussion questions follow:

1) Internet. 
Should we (Heather and I) get it in our apartment? At my last place, there was a strong, unprotected connection nearby. At the new place, no such luck. So should we spring for the web? Would this increase or decrease general togetherness? Is it worth the dough? Thoughts from any of y'all would be appreciated.

2) Beer. 
There are two bars (both owned by the same establishment) relatively close to my neighborhood boasting 50+ beers on tap. Why did it take me so long to find this out? Which beer should I try next (see their full list here)?

3) Fourth.
As someone belonging to one of the traditional peace churches, I always feel conflicted come Fourth of July. I love barbeques and fireworks, but I do not want to be complicit in rampant nationalism and the myth of redemptive violence. What creative things can I bring/wear/do to creatively subvert the fourth?

1 comment:

Jesse Albanese said...

You should get internet so that we can skype sometimes. When I come for your wedding I look forward to trying one of those beers with you.