Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Thousand Dollar Painting

Nathan, as of recently, is a member at the Harrisburg Art Association. He knows some people there, so the other day (the same day as the previous post, in fact) we went down to their gallery so he could show them some of what he's been working on.

We arrived; Todd and Rachel and I went wandering around the gallery, and when we returned, Nathan was filling out a display card and a price tag.

"3rd and Verbeke. Nathan Van Patter. $1000.00"

"I thought you didn't want to sell your work," I said.
"One thousand dollars? I don't think that'll sell," said Todd.
"Exactly," said Nathan, addressing both of our concerns.
"And if you do sell it..." said Rachel.
"Then I'll have one THOUSAND dollars!"
"Seems like a win-win to me," said Todd.
"Actually," said Brian, the curator on duty, "in the New York scene, that would be pretty reasonable."
"See?" said Nathan, "I'm reasonable."

4 comments:

Heather said...

well written - I can totally picture it

Unknown said...

Clever!

Cecelia said...

This is excellent. I miss you both tremendously.

Tacoma Home Staging said...

Hi great reading your ppost