Sunday, April 10, 2011

Muppets

So I read this in the now semi-pay-walled New York Times, which reminded me about how, about a year ago, I used my waning access to Swarthmore's resources to educate myself on The Muppets.

I had never seen any Muppet texts (movies or TV), so I watched a season's worth of episodes selected from seasons one and two, and read the entirety of this book.

I can't remember anything in particular that I learned, but it was very nice to finally be conversant in a well-known, hilarious media text. I tell you this, mostly to get you to read the New York Times piece at the top, so if you haven't used up your allotted 20 articles this month, go to it!

2 comments:

Erik said...

Little known trick: If you use Apple's Safari browser, you have this function called "Reader" which isolates an article's text from a news webpage and puts it up on a blank, white background screen for you to read without distractions. I've found that even if I go to a NYT page and get the window popping up saying "Now you have to register," I can still click the "reader" button in my browser window and read the whole article!!!

Joel said...

Also, articles linked from Twitter don't count towards your monthly limit. So:

http://twitter.com/FreeNYT/firehose